Here you will find EKT's measures to prevent Coronavirus infection.
To the riding school's students and customers
The riding school and all associated riding facilities are unfortunately closed for the time being.
The riding school horses are cared for and trained by staff and volunteers. The horses are doing well, but probably miss many of their riders and their usual riding lessons. Keep up to date with updates from the riding school horses new life on ours Facebook Pages and EKT's Instagram!
To the Zoo's customers
The zoo is closed from March 12 until further notice to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
No laps will be offered as long as the Zoo is closed. The animals get loose in the area and can be seen from the outside of the fence.
We will follow up canceled family activities with digital transmission. Follow us on ours Facebook Pages and EKT's Instagram!
Everyone who stays at EKT during the period of emergency is instructed to follow the imposed rules for infection control.
The animals are cared for by a minimum of staff and volunteers. General rules for infection control are followed, as well as special routines for cleaning contact areas in our environment.
Good coughing habits and good hand hygiene reduce infection in all respiratory tract infections, including infection with new coronavirus. It is important that the workplace management ensures that employees are familiar with the measures below and have received adequate training.
- Washing with soap and water is recommended after hosting / sneezing, after visiting the toilet, before preparing food, before and after meals, after contact with animals, and otherwise with visible dirty hands. Alcohol-based disinfectants / hand sprays work against coronavirus and are an alternative if no hand washing options are available. Note that alcohol-based disinfection is not effective with visibly dirty hands - then hand washing should be done first.
- Hand washing or hand disinfection should be available at entrances, in canteens and at food service places.
- Avoid touching your face or eyes.
- It is recommended to have paper towels / paper towel and hand wash / disinfectant easily accessible for use by staff / students who cough or sneeze. If you do not have it available, it is recommended to use the elbow hook.
- Toilets and washbasins, handles and other frequently touched items should be cleaned frequently. Ethanol-based disinfection can be used on otherwise clean surfaces (such as handles, keyboards, telephones and the like), otherwise good cleaning with common cleaning agents or household chlorine is recommended.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, especially after hosting / sneezing, after visiting the toilet, before preparing food, before meals, after contact with animals and otherwise with visible dirty hands. It is recommended to wash your hands when coming home after going out with people.
- Hand disinfectant / hand spray works against the coronavirus and is a good alternative if hand washing is not possible, but keep in mind that if your hands are visibly dirty or wet, this has a reduced effect. Then clean your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing directly at others.
- Strive to cough / sneeze in a paper towel (which is thrown afterwards), or in the elbow if you do not have a paper towel available.
Laundry and cleaning
- Where coronavirus infection is not confirmed, cleaning can be performed as usual. Ordinary cleaning agents can be used.
Source: Public Health